Sunday 26 February 2017

The day I fell.

The day I fell, I wish I could yell,
I didn't know how to get up
I didn't know how to move
Everything went numb.
I got stuck.
Stuck Into what I call 'The zone' where you have to travel alone..
The more I stayed there, the more I sunk,

I sunk into memories,
memories of me,
Of what I was, what I wanted and what I had become.
It filled me with fear and resentment
It hurt,
it was lonely as hell,
oh I wish I could yell..
The more I stayed there,
the more I sunk.

I lost my smile;
I lost my dignity and  my worth ,
Everyday It took a part of me,
everyday I lost something new,
The 'me' I thought I was, was no longer there,
I searched for myself everywhere..
In places I most visited, in sites I most loved, in books I most read,
I was meant to be no where..
I stayed there longer, with no soul, unhealthy body and mind
To everything else, I had turned blind.

My ship sank.
So I learnt to swim,
found the shore.
Explored new lands, wishing everything was in my hands.
I felt hollow,
Many new truths I still couldn't swallow.

Until one day,
I don't know what changed. I asked myself;
How long was I going to be stuck here?
Forever? Hopeless and desolated?
Is this what I was?
Suddenly, I felt empowered.
I found myself filled with willpower.
I found my confidence,
I found my purpose,
I laughed, life - aren't you a circus?

I built a new ship, set the sails high.
It was time I bid the zone a goodbye.
On my last walk there,
I found my soul, resting near a river,
The river of hope.
My body as healthy as new, no wonder time flew.
Estacy filled my veins.
Indeed a medicine to all my pain.
I asked my soul, "where had she been?"
"I never left," she replied,
"I was waiting for you to find me,
besides hope I reside."

I was built anew.
With pieces of a new puzzle.
Oh they made my soul dance, waiting for the new 'me' to be given a chance.
The loss I felt earlier were the parts of me I longer needed.
I laughed on remembering, back then how I pleaded.
I looked for myself everywhere
I forgot to look within.
Funny how It's true,
Salvation lies within.
Salvation lies within.

6 comments: