Monday 12 June 2017

Poetry: The girl who got raped.

Hey guys. This is an episodic poetry.
The first episode is a story of a girl who gets raped, the changes she faces and how the society labels her.
The second episode is the rant of the girl speaking about the ills of the society and coming to the conclusion that she'll fight back.
Here's the first one:

I walked down the street evryday
To school it was the shortest way.

I went on foot to save my pocket money
For I could buy myself a stuffed bunny.

I walked down the street with my friends
They were amazing I must commend.

It was our usual way back from school
Unless we wanted to roam around and break some rules

That day I took the street alone
We had a fight last night over the phone

Little did I know I was being followed
All my carefree attitude, I quickly swallowed.

I walked fast, I walked faster
The footsteps came close
They came closer

They very next thing I remember is waking up in a dumpster
Alive. Sadly
My body, it was paining badly
I bleeded from places, I shouldn't be openly talking about
I understood what had happened.
I understood it without a doubt

I couldn't move
So I lay down there
Till somebody found me
How will I face anyone?
They will judge me
Oh! I should've died but I survived.

Unfortunately! We get only a single life
Now I'll never be someone's daughter or someone's wife

They found me after many hours of searching
My condition, soul crushing

An FIR was launched.
They took me to the hospital
Where they again had me naked for a medical examination
Again I went through humiliation.

I hadn't seen my parents yet
They'd still love me
It wasn't my fault, I know they'll get

When I saw them
There faces were filled with fret
'Why did we send her to school?' Being their only regret

My family didn't see me and neither did my friends
Everything changed that moment
I couldn't apprehend

For days I got blamed
For days I couldn't look at my body
Facing it all , it felt like hell
Every moment I wanted to yell
It wasn't my fault I wanted to tell

After months of searching
They found my culprit
He was no familiar face
When I asked him 'why'
He had no reason but lust
His actions shattered my soul into dust

We were not rich
We couldn't fight the case
He got out on bail
What had happened, from his mind he had erased
He even got married and lived with grace.

I had to cover my body full
And my face with a veil
I bet even dead people got treated with respect.
In his lie, I was forced to live
Having a soul yet dead
Acquaintance was all I craved.
Soon the society named me 'the girl who got raped'
The girl who got raped.

No comments:

Post a Comment